Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Pants home insurance website ripping me off.

(4 Posts)
Skinnywhippet Mon 29-Apr-13 18:16:31

Can you pm me the name?

If they are the ones I think you mean I'd steer clear. I had car insurance with them once and they were shocking at customer service in the event of a claim. sad Nightmare.

Rockchick1984 Sun 28-Apr-13 22:27:15

I did my car insurance through the same company a few years ago. I was living in a new-build and my postcode wasn't working yet on their website so I called them, got the price then convinced them to give me the online discount anyway so worth trying for it!

Skinnywhippet Sun 28-Apr-13 21:56:20

So...I spend ages checking out home insurance and then head to a site that is famously not on price comparison websites. Get a decent quote with a introductory discount. I am about purchase but go back a few pages to double check all the details and when it gives me the price again it has increased by £10 even though I changed NOTHING! I think it must be an error so I refresh the page and hey presto! The quote has increased again by £8 or so!! What on earth is that all about? Do they think I haven't noticed. Going to call them tomorrow but annoyed as if I try to buy over the phone I won't get the online discount. Should I try to demand the original quote over the phone? I don't have any screen shots or evidence annoying as didn't anticipate these problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now