Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

cashback sites worth it for car and house insurance?

(9 Posts)
specialsubject Fri 26-Apr-13 20:35:32

I don't belong to cashback sites because I don't spend enough - but the insurances are coming due so it may be worth it. Each premium will be around £200 - so is it worth selling my data? And if so, to whom?

mejon Sat 27-Apr-13 12:56:06

I don't know about selling your data but in the 6 or 7 years I've been with Quidco I've got around £800 in cashback. It really doesn't matter what the premium is, you still get the fixed amount back (unless it's a percentage one of course). I just did DH's motobike insurance through it. Premium was £57, cashback £40 - what's not to like? The trick is to remember to use it when you shop online as I often forget.

specialsubject Sat 27-Apr-13 13:15:49

thanks. Turns out more expensive than from other sources after cashback. :-(

Worth a go, though.

Waferthinmint Sat 27-Apr-13 13:27:37

I would say no as almost always get my cashback "rejected" for some crapola reason.

mejon Sat 27-Apr-13 15:11:13

Oh forgot to say I don't make my decision based on how much cashback I can get. I'll do a price comparison thing then see if those giving the best prices are also giving cashback and decide from there. With the motorcycle insurance example I gave, that particular company were the cheapest, with the best cover and gave the most cashback but if I don't always go through a cashback site if I can get better and cheaper cover elsewhere.

Crutchlow35 Sun 28-Apr-13 08:46:24

Yes. I have been with quidco for about 4 years now and have had £2.5k back. Mainly from insurance I cars, dog, travel and property. Quidco don't sell information on so get comparing.

I have never had anything declined either.

EmilyR111 Tue 30-Apr-13 21:02:42

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

terilou87 Thu 02-May-13 06:02:34

my brother always uses cash back site's, mainly topcashback and he has had loads of money back. if you use a comparison site and buy through them you can end up paying more than if you go direct to the actual company's site, i get a quote then go to the cheapest company's site and get another quote, i usually get it down even more that way, last time it was £200 cheaper to go direct to the site for exactly same cover.

terilou87 Thu 02-May-13 06:03:08

my brother always uses cash back site's, mainly topcashback and he has had loads of money back. if you use a comparison site and buy through them you can end up paying more than if you go direct to the actual company's site, i get a quote then go to the cheapest company's site and get another quote, i usually get it down even more that way, last time it was £200 cheaper to go direct to the site for exactly same cover.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now