Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Advantis - what do you know about them

(6 Posts)
RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 18-Apr-13 22:28:38

Hello

We've moved this to Money Matters at the OP's request.

gazzalw Thu 18-Apr-13 18:09:03

I've phoned and have been told that ours are not the names on the system.

gazzalw Thu 18-Apr-13 18:03:41

Well that was my initial thought but the more I'm leaving it the more I'm worried. Wouldn't you expect to get any demands for money as letters? We certainly haven't had any and I'm the post monitor in the house! I would be a lot happier to call them back if they'd left any information to indicate that they knew who they were phoning or indeed to give one a contact to call directly

topbannana Thu 18-Apr-13 18:01:52

They are a debt collection agency (bitter experience)
In general they are quite nice and helpful so it is probably worth a call, if nothing else to explain that there has been a mistake (could be that it's a wrongly supplied number)
And these calls never use your name if they leave a message, no idea why though confused

I'd ignore it probably

gazzalw Thu 18-Apr-13 16:11:19

Just got home and there's a message left on our landline asking us (although our names not used or contact person's name given) to call them urgently and an 08448 number. I've Googled them and they appear to be a debt collection agency. As far as I'm aware we have no debts and have had no written letters about debt. Would you call them back or just think they are trying it on....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now