Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

CTF/Junior ISA's

(6 Posts)
traintracks Sun 21-Apr-13 12:29:59

Recently announced that ctfs will be able to be changed into junior isas but I don't know when it comes into effect. Long overdue as interest rates and choice much better for junior isas than ctfs.

Rosvita Thu 18-Apr-13 17:15:14

Thanks for clarifying.

Babyroobs Wed 17-Apr-13 23:17:16

I don't think they can transfer at the moment , bit there has been some talk that things are going to change so that they can be moved to a Junior Isa. Not sure when this will be.

Rosvita Wed 17-Apr-13 22:00:03

Thanks for clarifying -wondering whether it's worth transferring their CTF money into junior ISA's each and closing the CTF then?!

paneer Wed 17-Apr-13 16:09:45

If your child has a CTF they cannot open a JISA

Rosvita Wed 17-Apr-13 12:07:58

Hi all just wondered if someone can clarify for me-both my children have child trust funds,am I allowed to open an ISA for each of them too or would I have to transfer the funds from the CTF's and close them?thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now