Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Debenhams store card - PPI?

(6 Posts)
calamityjane Tue 16-Apr-13 14:12:39

Thanks cogito, have been on that website, was just a bit thrown by the store card, it is a bit older than 6 years but might have ago anyway and see what they say

calamityjane Tue 16-Apr-13 14:04:05

thanks Longdistance, we have others that I am claiming and found claim forms on their websites so was a little stumped on the Debenhams one!

Will try Santander first and see what they say, might set dh on them though if they are going to be difficult, he loves a good argument grin

Good luck with your claim

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 16-Apr-13 14:03:01
CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 16-Apr-13 14:01:59

'Cover premium' certainly sounds like insurance. smile I'd recommend having a look at the MoneySavingExpert PPI Guide [[ http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance here]] and following their advice. How old is old paperwork? Within six years?

Longdistance Tue 16-Apr-13 13:59:59

Hey. I'm going around in circles with my Debenhams account. That will be the ppi, the account cover.
I got my card in around 1997, when things weren't regulated.
Santander has taken over from GE capital bank, but they're right bastards to deal with. Write your own letter, don't get one of these companies to do it. Write it yourself.
These companies can take up to 40% commission.
I've claimed about £1200 back from various companies, and didn't even have any account numbers. I just gave them my maiden name, and the address I lived at. I have since moved to Oz, so things have moved slowly.
Start at Santander, but believe me, they'll try to wriggle out of it. If they do, go to theFOS the financial ombudsmen service. They're very goof.
Good Luck.

calamityjane Tue 16-Apr-13 13:50:18

Have been looking through dh's old paperwork and found statements for an old Debenhams store card (he no longer has it) that he had been paying Account Cover Premium on! Is this the same as PPI? If it is who do we contact as on the statements is says GE Capital Bank on the payment slip.

Have looked on both websites and can't find anything relating to PPI.

Has anyone else had a store card and been successful in getting this money back?

Thanks for any advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now