Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Maintenance

(7 Posts)
CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 15-Apr-13 11:33:56

Nothing to do with maintenance but is there any way you can get his name off your mortgage? Remortgage solo? Even if he's not actively contributing that sounds like a loose end that could potentially come back to bite you.

Glitter1974 Sun 14-Apr-13 19:12:24

He rents a flat but his name is still on the mortgage where I live (for which he doesn't contribute). he pays a huge amount on an IVA, more than he pays for his kids!! It doesn't add up to me but the only have his word on what his bills etc are....

Mum2Fergus Sun 14-Apr-13 08:54:19

Will he honestly throw away his £1700 pm and the life/lifestyle he has with it for a life on benefits in the name of spite?! I assume he has outgoings of his own, car, house, etc...he'd be putting all that at jeopardy.

Glitter1974 Sat 13-Apr-13 21:06:54

He takes home just under 1700 a month... I'm just worried if I get the csa involved he will chuck in ha job or be really umpleasant with me...

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Sat 13-Apr-13 08:41:20

Time for the CSA. My Ex has 2 DC's with me, only has one overnight once a fortnight, the other once a month (large age gap + LL issues for him).

He earns £16.8k pa. CSA say he should be paying me £55 a week.

So there's a high chance he's not paying enough!!

Mum2Fergus Sat 13-Apr-13 08:12:14

No personal experience, and while I appreciate you've arranged things between you both until now...but I think its time to get CSA involved.

Glitter1974 Fri 12-Apr-13 21:45:25

My ex has been paying me maintenance for our two boys since he moved out three years ago. As a result of a "brief moment" after he left we also have a baby girl. Since she was born he has not increased his maintenance payments nor bought anything for her. He has now told me he wants to reduce what he pays from £250 a month to £200 as he claims he cant afford it. This is about half what the csa calculator estimates, and that's if he was having all three overnight twice a week, which he doesn't!

I have avoided getting the csa involved as he has always said he would quit his job if I did. I'm not being greedy but I really feel he should be contributing more to their upkeep....

Has anyone had any similar experience?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now