Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

DLA shown as income on housing benefit award letter

(10 Posts)
ItsAllAboutTheYoni Fri 12-Apr-13 19:22:40

Yes, one ds and it appears there is some sort of reduction on the award notice relating to him - thank you

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 12-Apr-13 16:43:20

If you have children a certain percentage of your income will be disregarded too.

Tortington Fri 12-Apr-13 16:36:59

you're welcome! huzzah

ItsAllAboutTheYoni Fri 12-Apr-13 16:10:27

Wow, thank you for the quick replies!

Those links were really helpful Custardo, thank you for taking the time to find them.

The disregarded amount is slightly higher than the DLA care component amount and doesn't fit with any other figure?!

I told them as soon as I got my DLA award in Feb.

I'll contact them and get a breakdown of what has been disregarded.

Thank you all again!

Tortington Fri 12-Apr-13 15:53:27
FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 12-Apr-13 15:52:25

It should show, and should be disregarded later in the breakdown.

PearlyWhites Fri 12-Apr-13 15:51:59

On my notice it shows as income but then also shows under disregarded income so I would check that before you call.

Tortington Fri 12-Apr-13 15:50:13

does this link help at all i'll keep searching

Tortington Fri 12-Apr-13 15:48:13

no it shouldn't be

ItsAllAboutTheYoni Fri 12-Apr-13 15:46:42

Is this right?

Just received a revised housing benefit award notice and I noticed that that "DLA care component £xx" is showing under Income. I've received DLA for several months and it's never been on there before - funnily enough, the Mobility component has not been included.

I thought that DLA wasn't classed as income with regards to benefits, is that correct?

Just wanted to check before I call them.

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now