Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Budgeting loan

(83 Posts)
beautybox2 Thu 11-Apr-13 21:02:24

Hiya!
Has anyone applied for a budgeting loan recently?how long does it take till money is in account? I sent off form on Monday do u think I could possibly ring to c if they have received it or is it to early?Also how much do u think I would get I applied for 1500 because I was told they always give less, thanks a lot!

beautybox2 Thu 11-Apr-13 22:51:11

Bump

hiya
i dont no tbh i was told it had all been stopped so not sure but when it was budgeting loans that the dwp all in all it took around 2 weeks to get a letter back saying if i could have it or not and then about a week for them to get the letter of me saying if i accepted there offer or not and then put it in the bank .
but as far as im aware budgeting loans through the dwp have ceased some one told me its through your local council now
i dont no igf you will get that ammount it depends on your circumstances single/couple and how many children you have xx

beautybox2 Sat 13-Apr-13 16:45:39

Thanks I got a offer y day and sent it off, just in time for our jolly!

pedrohedges Sat 13-Apr-13 16:52:49

You got a budgeting loan for a holiday??

TheSecondComing Sat 13-Apr-13 16:54:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

beautybox2 Sat 13-Apr-13 17:07:19

Lol! I have recently moved and got a loan for that which I will consequently pay back... Was simply enquiring how long the process would take. I have saved up for my holiday since before my children were born, and I will do what I like thanks very much grin

Inseywinseyupthespout Mon 15-Apr-13 20:17:55

Must be nice then mustn't it !!

I might apply for a budgeting loan for the holiday we can't afford ....

Oh wait .... I won't qualify will I ?! hmm

It's people like you that get genuine cases tarred with the same brush !

Inseywinseyupthespout Mon 15-Apr-13 20:19:13

Oh and I also can't afford to move house ....

And I don't qualify for a budgeting loan .....

crazydrunkevilyoni Mon 15-Apr-13 20:22:33

Seriously a budgeting loan for a holiday confused
So that's why people in need get turned down , THANKS !

ScooseIsLooseOnTheLoopyJuice Mon 15-Apr-13 20:29:12

This is obviously a wind up

beautybox2 Mon 15-Apr-13 21:01:13

I've saved for 3 years for a cheap and cheerful holiday, I don't drive, smoke or drink alcohol and spend my money wisely smile I have moved recently and had to borrow the money from my mum for deposit and the loan was to pay her back. I'm sorry if anyone feels offended!
I didn't ask in the 'am I being unreasonable' section, I simply asked for advice on how long the process would take. But if it makes you feel better that's fine too, we all like to vent once in a while smile
I have done nothing wrong hence why I was accepted!
Sorry!!

Inseywinseyupthespout Mon 15-Apr-13 21:30:20

I think it was the "right in time for our jollys" that peeved people .

That suggests you are getting a loan for your holiday .

There are people that can't afford to eat and you say "right in time for our jollys".

Grow up .

beautybox2 Mon 15-Apr-13 21:32:35

Lol ok if it makes you feel better then smile

beautybox2 Mon 15-Apr-13 21:35:29

Maybe a little insensitive,sorry to those I have offended.

suzeelew Thu 04-Jul-13 10:05:00

insensitive and no doubt fraudulent.. you say you were accepted but I very much doubt you claimed that it was for spending money and towards a holiday... you see budgeting loans are for people who are in desperate need of essentials...I truly hope someone reports you to the dwp and you are punished for your greed...its people like you who make it difficult for the genuine people to get the help they truly need

suzeelew Thu 04-Jul-13 10:06:19

you didn't say it was for a holiday or 'hence' you wouldn't have stood a chance of getting it

WeAreEternal Mon 08-Jul-13 21:53:59

Out of interest if you needed to move so urgently that you couldn't save the money like everyone else does and had to borrow the money why couldn't you use the money that you had been saving for three years to go on holiday with?

I'm sorry but no matter how long you saved for or what your situation is there is no way you should have gotten a budgeting loan when you had enough money to go on holiday.

harleybarley Wed 17-Jul-13 11:53:01

it normally takes about a week for them to respond and then you have to get back to them within 14 days. once received they put the money in your account.

and for all you others moaning.. so what if she got a budgeting loan.. so what if she spent it on a holiday. its for her to spend.. as she is paying it back every week. and if you look on a budgeting loan form you can pretty much use the money how ever you like so don't moan at her... moan at the government!!!!!

harleybarley Wed 17-Jul-13 11:57:08

and for all you haterz. i got a budgeting loan for 812. for clothes and household stuff smile

MummySha Fri 19-Jul-13 15:01:18

Woah! Hold your horses....

Budgeting loans are paid back, they are not for a crisis they are for traveling, clothes, furniture etc. There is no IN NEED criteria and this woman is entitled to this money FOR HER HOLIDAY. Yes, she is also entitled to save up and have a break somewhere.

There is NOTHING fraudulent about this at all, not get off your high horses people and don't be so mean!

Enjoy your holiday love, hope you get your budgeting loan in time x

MummySha Fri 19-Jul-13 15:05:41

What a budgeting loan can pay for

Budgeting Loans can pay for:
rent
furniture or household equipment
clothing or footwear <<< ELIGIBLE
removal expenses when you move home
travelling expenses <<< ELIGIBLE
things to help you look for or start work
improving, maintaining or securing your home
maternity or funeral expenses
repaying hire purchase or other debts you took out to pay for any of the above <<< ELIGIBLE

You also have no idea what holiday this woman has, it could be a £50 caravan holiday for all you know, which would NOT cover moving expenses.

I honestly wish people would quit the judging, it clearly reflects their own issues in life. Live and let live. This loan is PAID BACK, it has no negative affect on taxes at all.

Nick85 Tue 30-Jul-13 09:23:10

I hate all these ppl who judge others on benefits that go on holidays or have wide screens tv's or whatever. Not realising that most things aren't as dear as you actually think they are. And in my opinion if someone wants to get a budgeting loan and go on holiday then that's fine by me,because all of the other things you can get a b/l for will have been paid for already with their own money- so it's 6 and half a dozen really. And to be fair I think everyone wants to treat their kids to a wee holiday here and there. So get a grip ppl- give the girl a break! :-)

Lorraine1234 Mon 05-Aug-13 20:11:40

I applied for a budgeting loan last week. You can get the easy to fill in form from the job centre. Takes about 3 weeks for the process from start to finish. As it is an interest free loan that you pay back within your means, it is up to you what you do with it. For some families it is the only means with which to pay for a holiday!

This thread is not accepting new messages.