Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

I have a good credit rating but DP's is awful. Would mortgage companies consider us?

(5 Posts)
Mutt Tue 09-Apr-13 21:06:24

Give London & Country a ring. It's a freephone number and they were so helpful when I remortgaged a couple of years ago. Highly recommended on MoneySavingExpert.com.

Have a chat with one of their advisors and they'll give you a good idea of what to expect before you get to the form filling stage.

Mistyshore Tue 09-Apr-13 21:01:35

Thanks for the replies.

I used a broker when I remortgaged a few years ago. We're only just at the 'thinking of moving' stage so I don't want to waste hours buggering around with wage slips and bills if we're going to only be offered the arse end of the market.

I've also got concerns about having a financial link in case it brings my credit rating down.

JoyceDivision Tue 09-Apr-13 20:41:21

haveyou tried a financial advisor, one did ourmortgage, he asked did we want to pay a fee or not, as the fee would be charged to the mortgage co for getting business, the fee is forclientswith large prtfolios.. i can'texplain it very well!

they willgo and find loooaaads of different lendersfor you smile

TooYappy Tue 09-Apr-13 20:36:01

I would phone around or even check online you might find a company not charging OTT on interest rates.

Check your DPs credit rating first and see how it looks and take it from there. I think yo can do this online to is used to cost £7.50.

Mistyshore Tue 09-Apr-13 20:29:27

I have a mortgage in my name on the house we're in now and a brilliant credit history. DP had debts before we met (5 ish years ago) but is now debt free smile and uses a small authorised overdraft occasionally. He still has county court judgements on his credit history but they are all settled.

Would we only be offered the crappy deals (if any)? We both earn roughly the same if that matters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now