Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Kids bank accounts with cashpoint cards for cash machine

(5 Posts)
karatekimmi Mon 08-Apr-13 21:18:59

My 10omth old son has a joint account with me at Natweat with a card. He keeps forgetting the number though grin

VivaLeBeaver Mon 08-Apr-13 21:17:04

It's 11 for a cash point card.

Dd got her first card when she was 11 from Barclays and it is a debit card but you can't go overdrawn. She can use it in shops and online as well as to get cash out.

LadyMountbatten Mon 08-Apr-13 16:48:55

ah right i see

thanks a lot!

Rockchick1984 Mon 08-Apr-13 16:48:33

Natwest and RBS both offer a visa debit from age 11 which can be used at shops, cash points etc. I'm not aware of any banks which would allow cash cards for younger children, as there has to be a cut off point for allowing them to take responsibility for their own money and memorising their PIN, not revealing it to anyone etc.

LadyMountbatten Mon 08-Apr-13 13:03:32

HI
are these not allowed till you are 11 everywhere? Son has big savings account but I want one where he can get a tenner out occasionally for pocket money. He is 10

PLus where can an older kid get a debit card from

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now