Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Renewing tax credits

(3 Posts)
MiaSparrow Wed 10-Apr-13 23:18:59

Thanks for the reply. I gave them a call and even though both tax returns are done we still have to wait to physically get the renewal pack through, which is any time between 19th April and 25th June. So no brownie points for being early.

RaspberryLemonPavlova Mon 08-Apr-13 18:42:02

Isn't the deadline just that, a deadline?

I usually get an estimate in for July, which means I then have a deadline of 31st January. But when I submit my final return in autumn, it is dealt with straight away.

Similarly my tax return is too, although it doesn't have to be submitted until 31 January, it is dealt with immediately I submit it.

So if you are owed money you should get it fairly quickly, plus your payments will be adjusted for the forthcoming year.

MiaSparrow Mon 08-Apr-13 08:10:45

Hi, me and DP are doing our tax returns early this year, as in now. (groan) I'm pretty sure I'm owed some tax credit money back as I over-estimated what I earned but if we renew our tax credits now does anyone know if we still have to wait til July - ie the deadline, before the changes come into place? Or is it as and when you put in the new claim? Hope that mkes sense!

Thanks xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now