Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Had a text from a solicitors, with regard to my re-mortgage, what do you think?

(4 Posts)
Notyetthere Sun 07-Apr-13 16:39:32

Along the same lines, we have also recently applied for a mortgage and it seems to be they love keeping you up to date via text. Within 15mins of leaving the bank after full application we received one telling they have received it, then another saying solicitors instructed(bank is paying the fees). Thursday evening we received another saying valuation survey (which they are also paying for) has been instructed.

Like you OP I hope that they would not instruct a valuation if the underwriters were not happy with the docs that we provided.

Good luck with the remortgage.

JeniJo Fri 05-Apr-13 19:17:35

That's what I thought. The bank wouldn't bother with a solicitor, if they'd decided not to make an offer. That would be spending money for no reason.

God, I hope you and me are both right. I am desperate to get the mortgage sorted. I hate dealing with money matters!

Funny old modern world, where solicitors text you though. And mildly annoying that I've phoned the bloody bank for an update every day this week, apart from today because I was busy!

Zamboni Fri 05-Apr-13 19:13:29

Think you are right, it might not yet be official, but it cant be a bad sign!

JeniJo Fri 05-Apr-13 19:11:56

I am in the process of re-mortgaging with another bank and I am waiting for confirmation that it has been agreed.

I got a text a couple of hours ago (sadly, only just seen it!) from a Solicitors saying, 'We are pleased to confirm that we have been instructed to act in respect of your re-mortgage, documents in post.'

I've check the name of the company online and they are good. Then I phoned the bank, who could confirm that this is one of the companies they use, but they can't confirm officially that mortgage is agreed, because that department is shut for the day.

Basically, what I'm thinking is, it has been agreed, because the bank wouldn't instruct solicitors to do anything otherwise, right?

What do you think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now