Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

How can I find out exactly how the changeover to universal credit will affect me?

(5 Posts)
ivykaty44 Sat 06-Apr-13 18:00:41

there were a few areas where they were going to trial the new UC - this has been stopped and only now one area is going to complete the trials until July when the other areas will also join in.

So are you sure you live in the one area where the trail will take place

Thank you both. I don't think my housing benefit will be affected. I do live in a council house with three bedrooms but I have 2 dd's and 1ds so don't think I'm 'under occupying'

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 05-Apr-13 08:33:51

As an existing claimant the changes you will see will be limited so don't be scared. The main change at the moment is in Housing Benefit for those in social housing. Does that apply to you? In the meantime, you might find this link elsewhere on Mumsnet useful. Also the benefits checker at www.turn2us.org.uk is usually very good and will be updated with details in due course.

MrAnchovy Thu 04-Apr-13 19:58:14

The pathfinder is only for new claimants so it shouldn't affect you at all.

I'm a lone parent and currently in receipt of several benefits. I also live in one of the areas that is to trial universal credit starting from this month.

I haven't received anything to say my benefits will be changed so I've no idea what is going to happen. How can I find out more about how it's all going to affect me?

Scared sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now