Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Leasing a car rather than buying - anyone know anything about it?

(5 Posts)
feetheart Thu 04-Apr-13 15:56:36

THANK you blush

feetheart Thu 04-Apr-13 15:55:36

Brilliant information, thanks you.

I am NOT telling DH he can get an Audi or an MX5 smile

charlearose Thu 04-Apr-13 11:24:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rockchick1984 Thu 04-Apr-13 09:41:16

I used to lease - for me I knew I would want a new car every few years so it was cheaper to lease than keep buying.

There is a mileage allowance per year and its very expensive if you go over this (mine was 10,000 miles per year) so if he does a lot of driving you will need to be aware of this.

A lot will do a lease with an optional bubble payment at the end so if you wanted to buy the car you can basically pay the rest of the original list price and keep it.

Some leases include servicing, insurance etc, others you would have to pay for this yourself.

Have you looked into taking a loan / car finance to buy a car? It's worth working out the difference in cost between these options and a lease, to see which works better for you.

feetheart Thu 04-Apr-13 08:17:08

DH needs a new car.
He is self-employed and drives a lot locally for work.
There isn't enough money to buy a new car outright but he is fed up of buying cheap ones that end up costing a lot.

Does anyone know anything about leasing as we know nothing?!

TIA wise MNetters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now