Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Mortgage Renewal

(3 Posts)
Rockchick1984 Wed 03-Apr-13 21:51:29

Lin=long, autocorrect fail smile

Rockchick1984 Wed 03-Apr-13 21:51:05

The fact that you want interest only combined with a poor credit rating may be detrimental. What has caused your low credit rating, and how Lin ago is it from? Are you aware that you may now have to provide evidence of a repayment vehicle if you are taking a mortgage on interest only, simply saying you will sell the house may no longer be considered acceptable, interest only applications have really been tightened up over the last few years!

IAteTheCake Wed 03-Apr-13 13:49:35

We are applying to renew our mortgage with a new lender. DH has an excellent credit record, I don't. We have 65% Equity in the house and have a good joint salary - never missed a payment. We have delcared all other debts on credit cards etc. We are looking for interest only and will sell the house to pay off the mortgage when the time comes. Will my low credit score have a really detrimental effect on the application? I am really worried. It didn't last time we did this but I know things are worse with these applications in these tighter times. We are pg with dc 2 and I have other family stresses and this is really hanging over me. DH will NOT be happy if the application is rejected because of me. If we have been a good mortgage customer in the past and we have a good amount of equity in the house this should be a help shouldn't it? Can anyone advise? I am really stressing we are going to be left homeless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now