Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Thinking of selling stuff on ebay. What do I need to know

(2 Posts)
BlingLoving Tue 02-Apr-13 16:35:16

I know people who swear blind that selling stuff on ebay is the way forward. I've decided I should get involved as a few extra quid would be nice and it seems a good way to declutter. But... it seems quite a lot of effort for relatively small amounts of money if you're selling clothes etc? Any good tips for how I can maximise earnings/minimise effort?

The kind of things I'm thinking of selling are:
Maternity clothes that I don't want any more
Cell phones/cell phone accessories
Second hand jackets/coats in good condition
Handbags (mostly excellent condition but not very expensive - my "good" handbags get used such a lot they are in bad nick by the time I want to get rid of them)

Any ideas or thoughts?

specialsubject Tue 02-Apr-13 21:26:34

nothing to lose IF you list on free listing weekends - no sale, no fee.

get the postage costs right (it's just gone up a LOT)
describe accurately
take decent photos
post quickly
set auctions to end on Sunday evening.

don't get too excited - but you may be in luck. People sometimes go mad on ebay and pay more for a second-hand item than it would be new, as I am finding in the search for a booster seat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now