Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Cost of credit cards and mortgages .... the spreadsheets

(103 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Talkinpeace Sat 23-Mar-13 22:07:13

A while ago I wrote a spreadsheet to help a client understand that if he bought a Bugaboo on his credit card he'd still be paying for it when the child started University

here it is
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiZqlQ7-gn07dHRoTXA5Qnlld25UWkw1TEhZZk9IYVE&authkey=CMjc4JEB&authkey=CMjc4JEB#gid=0

And then on a thread this evening, somebody asked about how to explain the risks of an interest only mortgage
so I wrote this
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiZqlQ7-gn07dDN4clg5OXhLMGJWbHZhOEo4UTJINEE#gid=0

Enter your figures into the highlighted boxes and the sheets do the rest ....
I check them every few weeks and correct any glitches ...

NoelOfLorst Sat 01-Feb-14 13:22:44

That would be a very good idea I think

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 01-Feb-14 20:42:08

TalkinPeace

dear MNHQ
if I link all four spreadsheets into an OP, would you be able to pin it to the top for everybody to find easily?
xx TiP

Hello

<spreadsheet envy>

We always reserve 'sticky' threads for official MNHQ business, because as soon as we step off that path we run the risk of appearing to be picking favourites from the board, which as you can imagine would quickly lead us into deep water. We know that these spreadsheets are very well-used though so we'll have a think about how we might be able to highlight them better.

We'll come back when we've got something more useful to say!

TalkinPeace Sat 01-Feb-14 22:33:10

RowanMumsnet
No worries : this board is comparatively quiet and so long as I do not get reported for bumping the thread : I may start a new one
then I'm happy to do the hard work
I had the same issue with my Ebay Me page when James the Pink left and his successor lost the pin on it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now