Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Fixed term contracts

(5 Posts)
RudolphLovesoftplay Wed 20-Mar-13 20:26:26

Does anyone have any idea how getting a mortgage works when you are on a fixed term contract?

My husband is permenantly employed by his company, however, I am on a fixed term contract by the NHS. It's fixed term because it's a secondment to complete a years training, but there's a permenant job at the end of the training. We currently have a mortgage but are looking to buy a bugger property. Can anyone help?

RudolphLovesoftplay Thu 21-Mar-13 07:49:48

Anyone know? X x

Rockchick1984 Thu 21-Mar-13 09:12:38

Do you have evidence of the permanent job at the end? Generally you will struggle to include your income if only on a 12 month contract. Does DH earn enough so you wouldn't need to include your income?

RudolphLovesoftplay Thu 21-Mar-13 14:31:20

Thanks, he does earn enough but obviously every little counts!! The NHS are paying me to train to be a health visitor, so no absolute guarantee of a permenant job, but they wouldn't pay for me to train them not give me a job, does that make sense? Would they include a percentage of my income do you know? X x

Rockchick1984 Thu 21-Mar-13 14:39:15

It's unlikely they would include any of your income, I'd say try a broker and see if there's any lenders at the moment who would be willing to accept it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now