Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anybody had any luck with 'Visa dispute' / 'visa chargeback'?

(1 Post)
schwelley Wed 13-Mar-13 10:35:54

To cut a long story short, I have paid up front (£1200) for treatment, and not received it, as the clinic has gone into administration...

I have been assessing my options, and came across these Visa schemes.

They operate in a similar way to the protection you get from a credit card, and take the dispute on to get your money back from the company.

I have just spoke to my bank Nationwide, and they are going to start the ball rolling, getting my money back - and also said they'll pay the owed money into my bank account within 7 days.. Now clearly Im delighted, but aware they can take the money back if they're not successful in recouping the money from the clinic.

Has anyone had any success with one of these disputes?

Many thanks, in advance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now