Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

someone using my identity for credit

(6 Posts)
dazed2003 Sun 10-Mar-13 16:36:24

Hi has anyone got any advice. Just received a letter from a credit card stating I have been declined, which i didnt apply for. Spoke to them and they have very simular details for me. Checked Experian (stupidly signing up to the £15.99 membership as I have used the free trial in the past) and found a few companies have done a search on me.

Called the ones I could on a Sunday, one was a store card and were really unhelpful and couldn't tell me if I have an account or not! One of my utility bills hasn't arrived so it could be lost or someones got it.

Im so worried and broke as it is so I really don't want the extra stress. I'm also really angry that some idiot is trying to steal from me. I was thinking the police, but not sure they can do much with limited resources.

Thanks for reading.

dazed2003 Sun 10-Mar-13 16:42:18

I should add, never posted on here before but have read some of the boards for entertainment advice on how to bring up my child.

almostanotherday Sun 10-Mar-13 16:43:51

Call experian they have people who can help you and contact the other company's.

dazed2003 Sun 10-Mar-13 16:51:40

Hi thanks for your reply. Can they do that even if I cancel my membership? Really can't afford the £15 a month.

almostanotherday Sun 10-Mar-13 16:56:58

Cancel on the phone once they have helped you smile

dazed2003 Sun 10-Mar-13 17:02:01

True, I supposed I've already paid. Also want to see if they have applied for other credit. Hopefully they will realise my credit rating is rubbish and they can't get anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now