Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Local council tax support, replaces council tax benefit

(2 Posts)
Rockmouse Thu 07-Mar-13 12:34:12

I just read the changes this replacement of council tax benefit is going bring, for my local council rochford. Everyone will be paying a minimum of 20% of council tax, all benefit capped to a band d at the most, child maintenance payment will count as income, plus other changes. Looked into other councils rules ( about 10) and they all have differant changes, but they all have said that everyone will have pay something towards council tax if you are of a working age.

gtedder1 Mon 18-Mar-13 20:15:59

yeah, i just found out about this today. Do you know how i can find out, what percent of council tax i will have to pay. I live in North Kent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now