Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

tax credits backdate????

(4 Posts)

Any award would surely be less now for your new claim if you are now with a partner than as a lone parent/single person? Just give them a ring x

Solero Tue 05-Mar-13 11:36:38

I have a similar situation at the moment and I have asked this very question of the tax office. I have been told that payments will be back dated to the point at which they received the original claim.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 05-Mar-13 07:39:15

Rather than waiting and wondering, how about contacting the Tax Credits helpline and asking directly both about the progress of your claim and the date from which it will start? 0345 300 3900

Gemziewooo Mon 04-Mar-13 18:51:21

Hi i put a new claim form in for tax credits as i now have a partner and want to claim.as a couple... my claim form was dated 26th January 2013, and its now 4th march 2013. will they backdate from 26th jan or is it only four weeks of backdating

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now