Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Maternity leave rights when changing jobs (NHS)

(3 Posts)
NoCupcakesOrCocktails Wed 20-Feb-13 18:36:48

Mrs it's a foundation trust I'm moving to so I might not be entitled if they have opted out. Oh well it's a risk ill just have to take smile thanks for taking the time to reply

MrsJamesMartin Wed 20-Feb-13 18:07:43

Yes you will if you've got continuous service. The terms are set under agenda for change and most trusts still use this ( foundation trusts do have the option to opt out ) you can google the terms online.

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Wed 20-Feb-13 18:03:24

Hi I hope this is the right place to post this. I've been ttc for a long time and will be having IVF in about 2-3 months time. I've avoided changing jobs for ages despite being miserable at work. I've finally got a new job & hopefully will start in about a months time (am waiting for CRB check). Now I'm worrying that ill either miraculously get pregnant naturally before moving jobs or that my IVF might start around the same time as my new job. I work in the NHS, I will be moving to a different trust but will have 7 years of continuous service.
Does anyone know if I will be entitled to full maternity benefits or not? Unfortunately my new trust does not have a maternity policy available to non employees and I don't know anyone that works there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now