Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Another PPI query - any experts?

(4 Posts)
ForbesDouglas Thu 21-Mar-13 18:24:54

In answer to your question worldgonecrazy, your work sick pay arrangements are an important element in deciding whether or not you were mis-sold PPI.

If you had a secure job with an employer who paid you full salary for the first 6 months of any illness, PPI would have been pretty useless to you.

The company you're claiming from is obviously checking whether it has any grounds for turning down your mis-selling claim - from what you've said about your employer's sick pay policy they certainly won't be able to rely on this aspect to deny mis-selling!

Rockchick1984 Wed 20-Feb-13 16:26:37

Blade if you haven't paid any premiums then there's nothing for them to refund! Or did you think you have paid some?

Bladerunner2 Wed 20-Feb-13 14:54:24

I have been pursuing a claim with Barclays for PPI - have received a letter today saying they uphold my complaint but are paying nothing because I have not paid any premiums? any advice?

I'm applying for a PPI refund as I didn't even know I had PPI because it was called something different at the time and I distinctly told the person I didn't need mortgage protection payment insurance due to having a good job, highly transferable skills, constant record of employment, great redundancy and sickness (6 months full pay, plus discretionary after that).

Anyway, my question is, why has the company I'm claiming from just phoned to verify my work sick pay arrangements?

Also, it turns out the "that's just for the lender, not for you" box was actually PPI and I've been paying it for 10 years - eek! So all you people out there thinking "I was never daft enough to take out unnecessary PPI" go check your documents.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now