Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Egg credit card and PPI

(9 Posts)
CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 19-Feb-13 14:13:49

It's not up to the customer to prove that they had PPI or that it was missold. Obviously, the more information you've got to hand the better but all you need to provide are as many details as you can remember and that you believe there was PPI on the account and it was missold at the time. The financial institution then has to look into it for you.

getoffthecoffeetable Tue 19-Feb-13 13:59:56

I had it on my credit card but that was because they'd phoned up and talked me into it and u was naive, I'd still send the apication off if I were you, you've nothing to lose

travellingtime Tue 19-Feb-13 13:29:51

Is it EGG loans then that were more likely to have ppi ?
someone said to me that the credit cards probably had ppi built into your repayments but not necessarily specifically itemised - is that the case?
I only had a credit card, not a loan

orangina Tue 19-Feb-13 12:33:35

I got a brilliant payout within the time specified by the way.

orangina Tue 19-Feb-13 12:33:14

here is the long thread, and I'll cut and paste my post below....

Ok, found EGG Freefone customer services number through another forum and they were SUPER helpful (0800 7834393 if anyone needs it). Have discovered that I took out not one but TWO loans (how could I forget blush?) and they have basically given me all the information to submit my claim. Have written my letter, filled in the Ombudsman questionnaire form and should receive recipt of my complaint within 5 working days.

Fingers crossed! smile

orangina Tue 19-Feb-13 12:32:43

I had an Egg card and had taken out an Egg loan many years ago. I got a telephone number (I think I had written it on the loooooooooooong PPI thread that you should be able to find with a quick search), and when I spoke to them, they confirmed that I had paid PPI on my 2 loans, but not on the credit card, and were incredibly helpful.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 19-Feb-13 12:29:55
getoffthecoffeetable Tue 19-Feb-13 12:24:47

You just need to fill out the form from the Martin Lewis website. Put in all the details that you can, to be honest they should be able to trace you from your name and address. If you've moved then put in your former address.
It's definitely worth doing. Don't bother getting a company to do it for you as they'll just take a cut. It's all explained on the Martin Lewis website.
Good luck

travellingtime Tue 19-Feb-13 12:14:55

Lots of people keep telling me I should look into the PPI claim for an Egg card I had years ago. I dont know where to start OR if I would be due anything
I have heard that the Egg credit cards had PPI on them whether you asked for it or not so I might have been paying for it without realising.
I had a fairly big balance on it at one point (£3k I think).
I have no record of the card or account now, so dont know how I would go about trying to claim.
Can anyone help me?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now