Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

remortgaging and pregnancy

(5 Posts)
bluer Mon 18-Feb-13 21:21:08

Ah good advice! We're looking to remortgage in the hope it'll bring the payments down so I can go part time...if we can't I'll just have to work more so the mortgage will be paid. Thanks!

LadyKooKoo Mon 18-Feb-13 20:44:25

If you apply for it now (and most importantly, are confident you can cover it when on SMP/PT salary) and they accept it, there is no need to mention about going on maternity leave. If you leave it till you are on maternity leave/back working PT then you will have to mention it otherwise if you didn't and they then found out you lied, it could void the loan.

bluer Mon 18-Feb-13 20:39:16

Was going to try to! Does that mean it should be ok? When I go part time our income will be quite reduced but should still cover the mortgage comfortably...i'm not sure how income strict they are these days!

LadyKooKoo Mon 18-Feb-13 20:23:37

Are you planning on re-mortgaging before you go on maternity leave?

bluer Mon 18-Feb-13 19:59:28

Hi, we want to remortgage at some point soon. I am going to be off for maternity leave in may for a year and working part time after this. Could this affect mortgages etc....should I not mention it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now