Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

remortgaging and pregnancy

(5 Posts)
bluer Mon 18-Feb-13 21:21:08

Ah good advice! We're looking to remortgage in the hope it'll bring the payments down so I can go part time...if we can't I'll just have to work more so the mortgage will be paid. Thanks!

LadyKooKoo Mon 18-Feb-13 20:44:25

If you apply for it now (and most importantly, are confident you can cover it when on SMP/PT salary) and they accept it, there is no need to mention about going on maternity leave. If you leave it till you are on maternity leave/back working PT then you will have to mention it otherwise if you didn't and they then found out you lied, it could void the loan.

bluer Mon 18-Feb-13 20:39:16

Was going to try to! Does that mean it should be ok? When I go part time our income will be quite reduced but should still cover the mortgage comfortably...i'm not sure how income strict they are these days!

LadyKooKoo Mon 18-Feb-13 20:23:37

Are you planning on re-mortgaging before you go on maternity leave?

bluer Mon 18-Feb-13 19:59:28

Hi, we want to remortgage at some point soon. I am going to be off for maternity leave in may for a year and working part time after this. Could this affect mortgages etc....should I not mention it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now