Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

universal tax credit and lone parents

(30 Posts)
zookeeper Sun 10-Feb-13 19:22:37

can someone explain to me the basics or send me a link? I can't make head or tail of it so far.

I work 21 hours and take home about £12k gross in earnings and am a lone parent

aufaniae Thu 14-Feb-13 12:01:58

"Anychance the bastards will get voted out?" I really hope so.

"I am hopeful that they will be out. But I am unsure. A lot of people really are believing them."

Yes, lots of people have swallowed the spin unfortunately sad

JingleMum Thu 14-Feb-13 12:24:23

Have they finalised the working hours? I've no idea what hours i'm supposed to work in order to be eligible for UC. The whole thing seems to be a complete shambles.

liz0870 Mon 29-Apr-13 15:50:55

can anyone help me just now my husband works 16 hours a week and his yearly income is 5,600 pounds i claim child tax credits and child benefit,when the universal credits kick in will we be entitled to them and help will be very welcme

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 29-Apr-13 17:23:49

The UC is just a natural progression from WTC and CTC. If you qualify for Tax Credits (also Housing Benefit and several other benefits) today you'll qualify for UC when it comes in. People who are working are more likely to gain from the change than those who are not working. Check your entitlement with the www.Turn2Us.org.uk benefits checker in the first instance.

Current tax credits for a couple one if you gas to be working 24 hours a week 16 is only lone parents so don't think you should get any at the moment? How many hours to you work died that take if over the 24?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now