Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

when will tax credits / universal credits stop

(2 Posts)
CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 08-Feb-13 11:23:14

From the DWP Website

-------------------------------------------------------------
When does Universal Credit start?

April 2013 – launch of Universal Credit pathfinder

Starting in April 2013, DWP, with our delivery partners in HMRC and local authorities, will introduce Universal Credit to claimants within certain areas of the North-West of England. This “pathfinder” stage will help us ensure that Universal Credit is ready to go live across the rest of the country later in 2013.
Universal Credit Pathfinder – Press Release 24 May 2012

October 2013 – national launch of Universal Credit

New claimants: They will be able to make claims for Universal Credit from October 2013, while claims for existing benefits and credits will be gradually phased out. From April 2014, all new claims will be for Universal Credit.

Existing claimants: They will move onto Universal Credit in line with a phased approach that we expect to have completed by the end of 2017

This phased process will be completed in 2017 and we will continue to provide information on this, as it becomes available.
-------------------------------------------------------------

bettyboop123 Fri 08-Feb-13 10:29:04

Confused!!
I have 3 children aged 6 , 2 and 6 months and i'm a sahm, my husband works full time so we claim around £110 a week tax credits
When will universal credits start in my area I live in the midlands will I get chance to be at home with baby or will I at least get a few years to be with her before it starts in my area, I originally read you wasn't going to have to look until the child was 5 but am I going to forced to now look sooner?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now