Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

money worries

(3 Posts)
OrangeFlower7 Wed 06-Feb-13 17:54:19

Thanks CogitoErgoSometimes, I will check that out.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 04-Feb-13 13:18:22

I'm sorry you're in a pickle. There may be some extra help you can get via benefits and the benefit checker at www.turn2us.org.uk is a good place to start. Put your new circumstances in and it should highlight anything you might qualify for and where to apply. For things like utility bills and mortgage it's always worth talking to your providers, explaining what's happened and seeing what they suggest. Good luck

OrangeFlower7 Mon 04-Feb-13 11:37:10

Hi can anyone advise please, I am on incapacity benefit and my husband has just been made redundant (he has a 2 year contract just finished from a university). I'm very worrried about money, have just been having several operations and feeling really drained. I have had a check and it seems we might qualify for some tax credits, I'm not sure. It's just that I need him to help me with the children at the moment too so it's really difficult. I'm wondering how we can make ends meet as he doesn't seem to be getting anywhere with job applications. The mortgage is not the biggest problem it's the bills really. I hope we don't have to sell our flat as renting would be more expensive. This has all had an awful effect on the two litttle boys too, I feel one is withdrawn and the other suffering at school too. Thanks for any advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now