Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.


(9 Posts)

I'm not sure if I have posted this in the right place, if I am wrong I apologise.
My ex pays 30 per week for DD, this is due to him living 2.5 hours away and using the remainder of what CSA would give me for oetrol.
I have tried to be fair and lenient but he seems to now have cut contact, and I do believe in time it will go to court. Therefore I wish to go through the CSA for a formal back up..
My problem is a) can I do this and b) last time they kept wanting to back date the extra (he gives me 30 they would 55) I don't want to backdate. It but they say they have to? Is this so?



bluecarrot Tue 29-Jan-13 09:30:26

Bumping for you. Have you spoken to ex re re-establishing contact / moving payments back up? If he says no you could mention that you were speaking to CSa and they will backdate which isn't ideal and you would rather this is sorted between you.

I don't push speaking with him and he refuses to reply to emails or anything... I can't organise a thing

NatashaBee Tue 29-Jan-13 11:41:56

Normally they only start your claim from the time you call them. Did you close the case with them last time?

I asked them to hold it for the time being as it seemed he was stepping up.

NatashaBee Tue 29-Jan-13 13:50:13

Then if the case is still open, they will probably chase for arrears. I have heard of people agreeing to drop the arrears and just asking the CSA to chase for the standard weekly payments though.

Thank you. It's not worth causing even more havoc for arrears even if its DDs money

Done it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now