Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Beauty School drop out....!

(1 Post)
Lindie67 Thu 24-Jan-13 09:47:23

Hi
My DD has just turned 17 and at college doing a Beauty Therapy diploma. Thing is she really hates it and would like to drop it. She has applied for a different course in Criminology that starts in September, something that she?s always been interested in so hopefully, she?ll be much happier. She has also just managed to get a weekend job working Saturday and Sunday which is great. The thing is I?m a working single parent and I really depend on tax credits as my wages just about cover my bills etc. My ex is a plonker and barely gives me anything towards my girls as his work is very erratic. Can anyone tell me how tax credits work in this situation ? do I lose them from when she leaves college but get them back in September when she starts college again? I will call the Tax Credit helpline later but just wanted any advice from anyone that has been in this situation as am a bit worried

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now