Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Tax return q - paying the tax?

(5 Posts)
Cat98 Wed 30-Jan-13 13:49:41

thank you all for your advice. He has now had a coding notice from the tax office confirming the deductions, so that's fine.

emma123456 Thu 24-Jan-13 16:10:00

Did you submit the return online? You will be able to look at your account online and check.


ChablisLover Thu 24-Jan-13 09:00:39

I would double check all your coding notices issued to ensure that it has been included

If in any doubt, phone HMRC to confirm

MrAnchovy Wed 23-Jan-13 23:12:43

"Will it be deducted from his 13/14 tax from work, even though it was tax owed from tax year 11/12?"

Yes that is how it normally works. They send out coding notices about now for next year which will show an entry for "Reduction to collect underpaid tax".

Cat98 Wed 23-Jan-13 21:46:46

Hello, I am just wondering if anyone can answer this query please. My dh is employed full time but freelances on the side and so does a tax return. We filled it in in August 2012 for year 11/12, and he owed about 400 pound in tax. He checked the box for it to be deducted through paye, however he has heard nothing since.
Is this right? Will it be deducted from his 13/14 tax from work, even though it was tax owed from tax year 11/12? Or should he have heard something from them by now?

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now