Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

when making a contract....

(4 Posts)
noraa Mon 21-Jan-13 02:06:02

they write on their letter that you can cancel an agreement in 7 or 14 days starting with the date on the letter.
i am suspicious that they put quite a previous date on letter and the date on the stamp looks more believable (i know because of the date i talked to them) and i got the letter quite late to be able to cancel according to their rules.
what can i do?

noraa Mon 21-Jan-13 07:13:08

bump

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 21-Jan-13 09:38:16

If you're asking because you want to cancel and you think the date on the letter has been deliberately engineered to make it that you can't cancel then I would suggest this is a good one for CAB.

noraa Mon 21-Jan-13 10:35:23

thank you for your reply CogitoErgoSometimes smile.
this is not only for this situation, sometimes in other cases, too. when they say from the date on this letter thats not giving enough time, sometimes the post delays so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now