Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

car insurance-haven't cancelled my renewal

(5 Posts)

sorted smile thanks

DH did this last year, he rang on the day and they cancelled it as the payment hasn't been taken yet

thanks
I really hope they don't try and charge me, I shall try and ring them tomorrow and be on hold for an hour

It depends on the company. I forgot to cancel my renewal until the date the new policy started and they charged me (can't remember which company off hand). However, when I wrote in with a copy of my new insurance certificate showing I had been covered at the time they took the charge off.

My car insurance is due to renew tomorrow, and I haven't cancelled the renewal with the old company. I have already bought insurance with an alternative company (who were over £100 cheaper)
Can I phone them tomorrow and cancel or will they charge me? Do you still get the cooling off period when you renew, the same as when you take out a new policy? What else can I do? I tried to phone several times today but couldnt get through.
Help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now