Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Do you qualify for grants for home heating while on ML if you didnt before?

(5 Posts)
CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 21-Jan-13 08:40:20

Thanks. All insulated up at Cog Mansions and old but functional central heating system covered by various maintenance plans.

MostlyCake Sun 20-Jan-13 22:06:21

Thanks Cogito, it's all a bit unclear - I've found a number to call - Home Energy Scotland Hotline on 0800 512 012 - if you're interested yourself.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 20-Jan-13 08:28:18

You could try the Scottish Energy Saving Trust

MostlyCake Sat 19-Jan-13 23:11:43

Oh, I forgot to say, we live in Scotland so will probably be different to any arrangements in England or Wales...

MostlyCake Sat 19-Jan-13 23:10:49

We've moved into a new house which doesnt have central heating. Since the winter we have realised just how cold it is, baby due in July so wont be as bad for the first few months but desperately we need to put in heating before he/she arrives.

If we wait until I go on maternity leave to install the heating, would we qualify for any grants etc which we dont at the moment or do grants consider your 'normal' or before baby salary?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now