Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

don't know where to start

(6 Posts)
lolo99 Sat 12-Jan-13 16:18:34

Does anyone know if i can access csa forms online or do i have to call them first? what is the earliest i can submit a claim? Baby due Feb 10th and baby dad refuses any communication with me.

Also where do i go to find out if i will get any extra support when my maternity pay is reduced to 50% and then only allowed smp? I am very worried then about paying my mortgage and bills.

Thanks and please help direct me if you can.

lieanne Sat 12-Jan-13 17:07:04

hi yes csa is available to do online I did mine it took a couple of eeks to hear anything back but they soon dealt with it ,also I think inland rev could advice about what u do next regarding money matters

kittycat68 Sat 12-Jan-13 17:22:09

please be aware it can take months if not years sometimes to get csa especially if father does not want to pay ignores letters, refuses to send in documents etc. even then you would only get 15 per cent of his net income that HE DECLARES as true, most fathers go self employed onc csa get involved in order not to pay child support, so be aware . a NRP that dont wont to pay will do there best to get out of it. However obviously some NRP are very good and fully support thier children. However in light of your comments op this probably will not be the case for you. the internet is littered with ways of how to get out of child support.

lieanne Sat 12-Jan-13 17:33:26

I agree I do receive a poxy 5 every 2 weeks from one dad an the dad of my 18 yr old works but somehow doesn't have to pay anything an never has

lolo99 Sat 12-Jan-13 18:25:01

Thank you will look online. He has agreed to pay via csa or solicitor but let's see if he comes up trumps indeed!

tiredoftrying Sat 12-Jan-13 20:22:57

good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now