Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

PPi Claim but the bank has 'lost' my agreement - What Next?

(1 Post)
astridforty Tue 08-Jan-13 08:55:59

Another PPi question - sorry!

DP has just been made redundant so trying to gather some funds. I know he has had 3 loans over a 10 year period - 2 closed now, one active. PPI on all, no paperwork here.

I've written to the bank and they've replied saying while they know I'm entitled to the paperwork, it has been misfiled and they can't find it. Go on to say, just because they can't find it and comply with section 77(1) of the Act, I must continue to adhere to the T&Cs otherwise they will take action against me.

Is there anything I can do in this situation - do I just have to wait until they manage to find it? Is my PPI claim dead?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now