Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

will we ever holiday. again!

(8 Posts)
RedTinsel Mon 07-Jan-13 20:43:56

If she's at nursery you don't have to follow term time rules though. Just take her whenever.

Jenny123G Mon 07-Jan-13 20:43:19

I do think camping is a great idea would be such an adventure for the boys! Its just me worrying that they would be too young so thanks for sharing redtinsel that you had such a great time.
Scurryfunge this is where I'm confused as the nursery guidelines I was handed don't state whether its allowed to holiday term time before they hit compulsory school age. I know they would frown on it anyway. Sadly no I don't know anyone with a tourer

BooCanary Mon 07-Jan-13 20:41:37

We've just booked our first school holidays holiday for this summer. TWICE the price of going in June.

We have taken DD out of school for the past three years but now she's getting older we've bitten the bullet.

Almost £1700 for 12 days in a CARAVAN in France <weeps>.

Have needed to set up a savings account especially. Fecking school holidays!

RedTinsel Mon 07-Jan-13 20:35:31

We went in our first camping holiday when my DTs were 2. You don't have to wait till they're older. It's a great holiday with little ones.

School hOliday prices are a joke.

scurryfunge Mon 07-Jan-13 20:23:55

You still have two years when you don't have to holiday in term time.
Do you know anyone with a tourer you can borrow?

Jenny123G Mon 07-Jan-13 20:20:34

Lol very good point! But can't see that as an option for at least 6 years :-D

CarriedAwayAnnie Mon 07-Jan-13 20:17:39

Camp

Jenny123G Mon 07-Jan-13 20:17:12

We have ds1 3 years ds2 17 months and ds3 due next month. Since having ds1 we've had one caravan holiday a year and they have been wonderful. We are very fortunate to be able to afford the £300-£400 it costs roughly as I know so many can't afford any type of break. Ds1 starts nursery tomorrow (sob) and soon we won't be able to holiday any other time than school holidays. I just had a quick glance into costs and Omg its going to be like £700-£900 to go away for a week! Any tips on times of the year to get bargains and best times to book so I can hold on to the thought we will go away again one day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now