Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Maternity Allowance

(9 Posts)
olrojo Tue 15-Jan-13 11:13:41

Mine gets paid fortnightly, and it's on a Thursday.

tinkletinklestar Wed 09-Jan-13 21:06:01

Ma is paid on a Monday in arrears

Mine started in November and I was paid for one week then had to wait for 2 weeks for the next payment (to build up the arrears)

Don't know who you bank with but I'm with Barclays and it goes in on the Saturday which is handy

Jenny123G Mon 07-Jan-13 19:57:05

Hey I had my letter through today. Very confusing lol. I requested to be paid 4 weekly but they are paying me two weekly. They don't give me an exact date when it starts just state it will be in my account between 5-10 working days from the date on the letter then every two weeks after that on a Monday. So its a case of keep checking my account.

Jenny123G Thu 03-Jan-13 19:06:11

No problem I know what its like. I'm expecting to hear something anytime now. Soon as I do I'll let you know x

SoWhatIfImWorkingClass Thu 03-Jan-13 16:44:00

Oh yes please that would be a big help smile it'll give me a better indication lol. Thankyou.

Jenny123G Wed 02-Jan-13 20:09:17

Yes that's what I have been told. I'm doing mine 4 weekly and started it on Thu 20th Dec so should get mine paid on Thu 17th of Jan. Just waiting written confirmation but you know what Xmas post is like. When I find out would you like me to let you know?

SoWhatIfImWorkingClass Wed 02-Jan-13 14:58:49

So if I wanted it to start on Friday 25th Jan I would get my first payment on Friday 8th Feb?

Jenny123G Tue 01-Jan-13 22:45:26

It varies case by case. Basically you state which date you want it to start from and they pay you two or four weekly from then

SoWhatIfImWorkingClass Tue 01-Jan-13 12:25:33

Just a quick question really.

I'll soon be making a claim for MA, and want it paying 2-weekly. I was just wondering what day of the week it is usually paid? Or does it vary?

Cheers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now