Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

dreaded PPI... who to claim through and how to avoid the cowboys!

(6 Posts)
housesalehelp Wed 05-Dec-12 22:50:19

another saying moneysaving expert - we just followed what they said and it took a while but worked in the end

As long as you have your policy number, it's easy. Just write a letter referencing your policy number and state the reason why you feel you have been mis-sold your PPI eg you weren't made aware of reasons why you couldn't claim, you weren't given the option of opting out. List as many reasons as possible. It's up to the company to provide evidence (documents signed or held by you) that can counter your claim. It's unlikely that they will be able to do this so you will be paid back your PPI payments and your policy will be stopped. You may even be able to do this over the phone. Just have a list of reasons to hand before you call.

LadyKooKoo Wed 05-Dec-12 12:54:10

Don't use a company, you still have to fill in forms and they take a cut of your cash. Do it yourself.

CogitOCrapNotMoreSprouts Wed 05-Dec-12 10:19:16

I always point people to the MoneySavingExpert.com templates. They're really easy to print off, costs you the price of a stamp to submit and are usually very successful.

Stubbed56 Tue 04-Dec-12 15:31:48

Ring the bank and ask for a claim form. You can do it yourself without a claims company

mrswee Tue 04-Dec-12 15:18:13

Hi all

I am pretty sure I have a PPI claim but have been put off claiming at all by all the dodgy companies that keep calling and texting.
I don't have the paper work and am just about to have another baby and am running out of time so I won't be able to make the claim for myself.
Does anyone have a reconmendation for a way to claim or a company to claim though who aren't a bunch of cowboys?
thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now