Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Nosey question I suppose about gas/elect

(28 Posts)
seb1 Thu 29-Nov-12 10:28:44

It is cold here this morning and it got me thinking (dangerous I know)grin, I quite often go on moneysavingexpert site, often discussions about people's spending result in people saying "oh you pay too much for gas/elect". I know house size etc impacts on this but I wondered if living in the cold barren north like me has a huge effect, so to satisfy my curiousity. Would anyone care to share, size, rough location and bill. Me - central Scotland, 4 bed, £150 per month, heating only on a few hours a days.

FiveFlowers Fri 30-Nov-12 20:58:20

Mine has just gone up to £129 a month for both.

3 bed semi, heating on from 6am to 10pm and dehumidifier running 24/7.

Mum2Fergus Fri 30-Nov-12 22:50:08

2 bed mid terrace in Fife (Scotland)... £69pm gas/electric combined. Thermostat set to 22 between 5-7am and 4-9pm, 16 degrees all other times. System clicks onn/off as required to maintain this. Washing machine on at least once every day.

BridgetJonesPants Mon 03-Dec-12 20:42:39

We're in central Scotland and have a 4 bedroom upper flat with large rooms and high ceilings. Our loft is insulated and we have a condensing boiler (now 8 years old). Heating is on for an hour each morning and for around 4 hours in the evening, although if it's really cold, it sometimes comes on during the day. It's set for 16 when we're out and usually 20ish when we're at home. It can sometimes be on all day at weekends and over the holidays.

Our gas & electricity monthly bill just went up to £140 p/m but we've only just changed supplier which I'm hoping will lower it to £103 p/m.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now