Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

6 month house insurance??

(8 Posts)
sparkle9 Sun 02-Dec-12 20:07:33

I took out a normal policy and paid in full for the whole year. Due to a house move I cancelled it 3 months later. They charged me £20 admin fee and refunded the remaining cover. I then took out a new policy with Barclays and they are going to pay me the £20 admin fee.

robofw9 Tue 27-Nov-12 18:25:46

These are very helpful, dealt with my mum's house for years: www.arthursavage.co.uk/

Belo Tue 27-Nov-12 14:27:10

We once used Direct Line for 3 months only.

paneer Mon 26-Nov-12 19:44:40

thanks, will look.

SandyChick Sun 25-Nov-12 14:01:55
SandyChick Sun 25-Nov-12 14:00:21

We had short term insurance when our house was empty. We had bought it but gutted it before we moved in which took around 7 months. I'm pretty sure the company was called Tower something. I'll have a look through some paper work to see if I can find anything with their name on.

DragonMamma Fri 23-Nov-12 12:20:04

I haven't seen any short term insurance but could you not just take a policy out for a year, pay by DD and then cancel it when you don't need it any more. You'll have to pay a small penalty (usually 2 months interest, which never works out as much) but at least you'll be covered or can move it to a new property.

paneer Fri 23-Nov-12 12:15:31

Does anyone know if I can get house (buildings and content) for 6 months only?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now