Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child Benefit changes and NI credits

(3 Posts)
PoppyWearer Thu 22-Nov-12 12:44:47

Ok, got our letter today and, having previously decided to keep CB and pay more tax, I then got confused again (very sleep-deprived) and had a wobble.

Came to look on MN to set me straight and found this thread. Thanks MrA!

In Summary: Do nothing. Leave as is. Add to DH's next tax return which I do anyway and his are a piece of piss to do. Done. Worry about something else...

MrAnchovy Sun 18-Nov-12 00:01:16

You should, but you will DEFINITELY get it if you continue to receive CB and you will always be better off by keeping the CB in the bank for up to 22 months.

LIZS Sat 17-Nov-12 20:43:02

DH received one of Those Letters from HMRC today. If we decided to no longer receive CB would I still get domestic responsibility credits for state pension if I weren't working (am atm and paying a small amount of NI but asking in case my situation were to change).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now