Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Does anyone know what the threshold is for a Tax Credit Exemption Certificate?

(5 Posts)
BertieBotts Germany Sat 17-Nov-12 23:51:17

I earn less than that, but the flowchart then goes down to say if you get both, you don't qualify.

<reads properly> OH. I mixed up the yes/no on the last one blush ah, well that's okay then. smile Thanks for your help.

vodkaanddietirnbru Sat 17-Nov-12 18:48:58

flowchart says you need to earn less than £15,276 to qualify

FancyPuffin Sat 17-Nov-12 18:45:46

You can get both WTC and CTC

FancyPuffin Sat 17-Nov-12 18:45:06

This says £15276

BertieBotts Germany Sat 17-Nov-12 18:39:41

I was sure that I had one and had just lost the card, but I've just looked up and I don't think that I'm entitled to it... I had an eye test today and they said if it turns out I'm not entitled, I'll just get a bill through from the NHS but I'm mortified blush

I definitely had one when DP lived here, but he's now moved abroad and because we're not married I'm now classed as a single parent. However, I work (20 hours per week) so I get both child tax credit AND working tax credit, and the website says if you get both, that means you can't get it. But I'm sure we got both when DP lived here - he got the WTC because he was working, and I got the CTC because I was the main child carer! confused

So now I'm totally confused... is it likely that I have it or not?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now