Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Customer compliance interview

(3 Posts)
bodenbiscuit Tue 13-Nov-12 13:48:50

I have recently had a claim for IS processed and was awarded it. Then the other day I had a letter from the Job Centre asking me to attend an interview to 'check my payments are correct'.

The problem I have is that my 11 year old dd who is severely autistic is with me at home all week, as she is currently out of school and the only other person who can look after her is my mum who works all week. My dd's behaviour is very erratic and I therefore at the moment have to do all my shopping online and don't even go into town with her because she runs off and tries to jump out of the car. I also have a 3 year old at home too and am a single parent. Even just doing school / nursery runs is difficult.

So I phoned the JC and asked the officer if she could visit me at home instead but she didn't seem to understand what I said about my dd being disabled and hard to take out at the moment and said they don't usually do home visits. She said 'well you must go shopping' (I don't! Except weekends when my mum is able to help).

AIBU to have asked for this?

Rockchick1984 Tue 13-Nov-12 13:57:28

How long is your daughter out of school for? Could you ask them to reschedule the appointment either to once she is back or until your mum could take a day off work to look after her? I sympathise, but if you are managing to get out of the house with your daughter for nursery runs etc (so she is not housebound) I'm not aware of anything which means they have to come out to you for the interview.

bodenbiscuit Tue 13-Nov-12 14:04:36

The reason she's out of school is that her provision was not working and I have no idea how long it will take the LEA to do something. I am currently waiting on them to sort out a meeting to consider future provision with her paediatrician. Of course she is not housebound but her behaviour is very challenging and she is taller and stronger than when she was little- if I had another adult to help it would be ok. Just that usually I hear they prefer to visit people at home anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now