Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

PPI question - sorry if this has been asked before

(16 Posts)
t0lk13n Tue 04-Dec-12 19:49:39

I am only able to moan at them on twitter or Facebook. Won`t get me anywhere but it makes me feel a bit better!

t0lk13n Tue 04-Dec-12 19:44:48

Still waiting to hear from FOS. They have our letter and we are waiting to hear but I think Nationwide won`t give an inch and we will have no one else to turn to. However, I will be removing my products from them.

PickledFanjoCat Sun 18-Nov-12 16:53:57

That's worrying as its very very wrong to say its hearsay.

They sell you a product and they have to cover their arses with paperwork as to why.

Shocking!

t0lk13n Sun 18-Nov-12 16:53:00

Letter written,....hubby to post it in the morning....not holding out any hope. Will be very vociferous in future re Nationwide and will be moving products around in next few weeks ...ha ha Nationwide...just going to tweet them!

PickledFanjoCat Fri 16-Nov-12 11:25:00

Write to the fos using the templates you can get off interweb..I wouldn't hang about.

And I would mention that person by name and their comments that's total bullshit

t0lk13n Fri 16-Nov-12 07:20:49

She works for the BS. she is the ppi claims account person assigned to our case. In the end I had to tell her I was ending the phonecall as she was irritating me! I rang her to query her decision!

PickledFanjoCat Thu 15-Nov-12 22:25:03

This sounds like total bullshit to me she is deffo fobbing you off. It you took it out and paid premiums as far as I know you will be getting it back.

Write to fos and don't hang about. Do it quick!

PickledFanjoCat Thu 15-Nov-12 22:22:45

What adviser where was she from?

t0lk13n Thu 15-Nov-12 22:22:13

The adviser said it was hearsay. We are now writing to FOS. Doing it on Sunday when we both have time to sit down and write it. Just cross that our point of view is not being heard and you are right ,....we are being fobbed off. I won`t give in especially as she tried to empathise with me...big mistake trying to say she understood. Also cross that she refused to give me the name of her immediate supervisor .....that is also going in my letter!

PickledFanjoCat Thu 15-Nov-12 21:43:07

I'll ask my dp in a sec he worked in a review on this. I thought they were paying all cases out now though? You did take it up?

GrumpySwivelHead Thu 15-Nov-12 21:41:00

t0lk - I think you are being fobbed off. Your recollection of the conversations/advice in branch is a core part of the evidence that need to be collected by the BS to make a balanced decision about whether it was a miss-sale. If you get a final decision from them that doesn't go your way you can always take your complaint to the FOS who will take into account the advice that was given to you in branch. Hope this helps

t0lk13n Thu 15-Nov-12 21:37:15

Thank you x

waitingforgodot Thu 15-Nov-12 20:57:16

try the forums on moneysavingexpert and post your question there. Good luck!

t0lk13n Wed 14-Nov-12 00:10:15

Yes but not in too much detail. Too much going on in work...hence the late hour but will be looking at it this weekend.

waitingforgodot Tue 13-Nov-12 08:05:40

Have you tried the moneysavingexpert site? They have lots of good ideas/advice

t0lk13n Mon 12-Nov-12 18:28:27

I have been told we are not entitled to compensation as all advice given in branch is hearsay and cannot be used for evidence? How can I make the BS who is not on my side that they mis-sold ppi as we took the advice in branch!??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now