Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Portrait photography

(5 Posts)
girlsunday Mon 12-Nov-12 09:32:01

Hi everyone - this will be my final thread on this matter but I still maintain my right to warn people of heavy handed sales tactics by a well known portrait studio begining with the letter V. It is not a witch hunt against the company but we were on the receiving end of very poor customer service and treated in a very rude manner when we declined to purchase the very expensive pictures at the Marlow, Bucks studio. I complained to their Head Office and was basically told that there was nothing they could do as each studio is a franchise and is up to the owners how they choose to operate. That is not good enough. Thank you for allowing me to post this - I feel that people should be aware, that's all.

Venture doesn't have many sans on here, so you're in good company.

[smilw]

fans

girlsunday Mon 12-Nov-12 10:06:45

Thank you for your comments Chaos - good to know that I am not alone in this subject.

Kezzareece Mon 19-Nov-12 09:38:40

My only message is buy local.
We have a local studio we use, we're in Norwich. Not a franchise, not a national company and we've had excellent photos at a great price. Not rip off merchants.
We've been through the whole Venture experience and were made to feel so guilty about not buying lots of photos we upgraded our free photo, which cost us a fortune. This was 6 years ago. Can't believe they're still employing the same tactics in other stores.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now