Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Morgages whilst on maternity leave

(5 Posts)
Nesswalk Thu 08-Nov-12 18:33:23

Thank you, puts my mind at ease.

Rockchick1984 Wed 07-Nov-12 21:44:42

Depends on your mortgage provider - some work off your last 3 month's salaries in which case it could cause problems for you if you are on SMP or unpaid AML. Others are happy to use your annual salary if you provide a letter from your employer. There was a thread on here a while ago about it smile

noisytoys Wed 07-Nov-12 21:03:21

I got a mortgage whilst on maternity leave. Didn't have any problems at all just needed a letter from employer saying they expected me to return to the role

Iggly Wed 07-Nov-12 20:55:44

We remortgaged when I was on mat leave a few months ago. Wasn't a problem at all.

Nesswalk Wed 07-Nov-12 20:54:28

Does anyone know how difficult it is to get a morgage whilst on maternity leave?

Not pregnant yet, but hoping to be next year. We have our house on the market at the moment and just wandering if we're going to encounter problems when the times comes to buy somewhere new if I'm on ML by then.

Any advice much appreciated

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now