Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

help need advice and ideas please

(6 Posts)
butane123 Thu 08-Nov-12 08:42:36

just typing dont expect replys
feel like were drowning in a huge fat mess
gas went last night its absolutely freezing everything just going wrong who'd have thought getting a job would get us in a mess
spoke to the housing association we still have to pay our rent and then when wtc confirmation comes through housing benefit will assess us and see if were due any help with it .so hard at the minute got ourselves in so much debt just trying to survive .so worried about christmas and everything god lifes awful at times !!!

butane123 Wed 07-Nov-12 09:14:09

i no it feels like it takes forever just trying to keep afloat now is hard .dont think the dwp realise when things take this long we have to find the money for school aswell as gas and electric but all thats suffered this week after having to pay the rent and everything .just rang my energy suppliers as was told they will help but being passed around from pillar to post lol so annoying .dont think theyve ever lived were everythings on the emergency .but thankfully food should be sorted and like you say it will be worth it eventually even more so if they back date it smile xx

Rockchick1984 Wed 07-Nov-12 08:02:10

Glad you've managed to get things sorted. It's ridiculous how long it all takes to sort out, but will be worth it once everything's straightened out and everything is backdated smile

butane123 Wed 07-Nov-12 01:17:39

hi rock chick thanks for replying
we sent the form of to working tax credits on the 19th of october rang them today they said they recieved it the 29th and its not been processed yet looking at another 2 weeks as they said it usually takes around 3 weeks

its council the house have rang the housing association today some one was meant to be ringing back but havent as of yet but am ringing them again tommorow .

have found a food bank near partners work so hes going to go there so that should be sorted

x

Rockchick1984 Tue 06-Nov-12 21:43:14

Is it 4 weeks ago that you called tax credits to update your details? It shouldn't take long for them to do it, think mine were updated within about 2 weeks of me telling them of a change in circumstances. Have you rang them to find out why it's taken so long?

If there's no food bank where you live, how about near your partner's work? If not, try contacting local churches as they may be able to help or at least give you some advice.

Are you private renting or council? Make sure to contact your LL if private and explain what's happening, you don't want to possibly risk adding eviction onto the list of worries at the moment! If council they should be understanding as long as you keep them updated.

butane123 Tue 06-Nov-12 13:44:05

hi everyone
well what it is my partner got a job 4 weeks ago and everything is going well with it housing benefit carried on up until wednesday just gone and now its stopped so we owe a weeks rent plus this weeks anyway housing benefit are saying they cant assess how much rent we'd have to pay or if we'd be entitled to any help they have to wait for working tax credits to send us a letter of entitlement so last week his wages were gone with rent for last week,council tax,school dinners etc weve been left with nothing for food and toiletries plus its costing £40 for a week for him to get to work we live a few towns away from his job and his reliant on busses .weve tried a crisis loan but there saying u have to be on benefits to get one ,the discretionary housing fund apparantly is the same u need to be recieving housing benefit to get help with anything ,theres no food bank in our area either although there in the process of setting one up its just says on google maps under development .so my questions are does any one no anything we can apply for to help us through and any body whos applied for wtc how long did it take to come through ?
sorry for rambling just really worried right now about everything at this rate xmas will be cancelled aswell sad x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now