Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Mobile phone contract help.

(6 Posts)
Mama81 Fri 30-Nov-12 16:59:59

Hi, Ive been refused a reduction in my phone tariff, anyone know what else I can do ?
Would writing a letter to the company help?
Thank you for reading.

noisytoys Thu 18-Oct-12 22:08:56

I'm with orange. And we are in about a years salary worth of debt that we are trying to pay off so I started by reducing our outgoings. We got sky down to £1 a month for 6 months and our Internet reduced from £24 a month to £14. It all helps smile

Mama81 Thu 18-Oct-12 10:54:19

Thank you for your replies,
Well done noisy toys! Can I ask who you are with, and what reason you gave for wanting to change? I'm with voda.
Rock chick, I have a Nokia lumia, I think that's a smartphone? But not sure it counts as top of the range, as an iPhone is...

noisytoys Wed 17-Oct-12 13:37:12

This prompted me to call my mobile provider and try to change the tariff. I have a 6 month old iPhone they wouldn't change the tariff but as a gesture of goodwill they reduced the bill by £5 a month. Every bit helps thanks grin

Rockchick1984 Tue 16-Oct-12 11:44:44

Most companies will let you change the tariff you're on if you simply call them and ask. The exception will be if you got a top of the range phone as part of the deal, which wouldn't have been available to you on the lower deal. Just ring and explain your circumstances, see what they say.

Mama81 Tue 16-Oct-12 09:45:38

Hi,
I'm new o all this, so would love your advice.
Im about to become mum to twins, so have started making cut backs in family finances. Buying x2 isnt cheap, even when it's preloved or on sale!
The one place I havent done so is my mobile contract. I've 18 months left, have been a customer for around 6 years.
Anyone had any success in reducing their tariffs/ offer any haggling advice?
Thanks for reading.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now